AFMC NEET Notification 2018, Admission & Counselling Registration: Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC, Pune) is premier Medical Institute affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and recognized by MCI and now National Medical Commission). Total 130 MBBS seats are filled every year on the basis of NEET Merit.
AFMC Pune Counselling process is separate from 15% AIQ MCC counselling, to get admission in AFMC Pune MBBS 2018, you must fill online NEET-UG 2018 application form at www.cbseneet.nic.in and obtain marks above cut-off.
The duration of MBBS course in AFMC Pune is 4 years and 1-year compulsory internship training. All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMS will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- 1 AFMC Pune MBBS Admission 2018
- 2 AFMC MBBS Eligibility (NEET)
- 3 AFMC Admission Bond
- 4 AFMC Reservation Rules
- 5 AFMC MBBS Admission Process
- 6 Facilities at AFMC Pune
- 7 Medical Officer Salary
- 8 Medical Examination
- 9 Address & Support
AFMC Pune MBBS Admission 2018
Admission in MBBS course at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune is based on the NEET score. The aspirant looking to get admission in MBBS has to fill NEET-UG 2018 registration form. The candidate must also ensure that you have to score marks more then the eligibility criteria. On the basis of NEET 2018 merit around 1500 candidate shall be called for the counselling at AFMC Pune.
A total of 130 candidates (105 boys and 25 girls) will be selected in the year 2018 as Medical Cadets for imparting training (including MBBS course) at the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
MBBS Course Duration in AFMC Pune:
The duration of the MBBS course is 4 years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMS will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the Medical Council of India. The course commences on 04 Aug 2017
AFMC MBBS Eligibility (NEET)
For the admission in Medical UG course in AFMC Pune must be medical, physical & qualify minimum eligibility of NEET as well as AFMC Pune.
(a) The candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune MBBS course meeting other eligibility criteria.
(b) The candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certifícate of eligibility.(b) Must be unmarried. Marriage during the course is not permitted.
(c) Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence.
The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2018 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1995 and not later than 31 December 2001.
The candidate has to obtain minimum education qualification in qualifying exam in the first attempt. The subjects are Physics, Chemistry and Biology took simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard. The examinations are:
- The Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in Science of a statutory Indian University/board or other recognized examination body with English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology which shall include the practical test in all of these science subjects. OR
- The Pre-professional/Pre-Medical examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (after passing either Higher Secondary School Examination or pre-University or equivalent examination) which shall include the practical test in these science subjects. OR
- 1styear of three years Degree course of a recognized University with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including practical test in Science subjects provided the examination is a University Examination. OR
- Senior Secondary of a statutory Examination Board of Indian School Certificate examination of 12 years of study, last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at higher level OR
- (e) Higher Secondary School Certificate examination of Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education with English at the Higher level, any one of the Modern Indian or Modern Foreign or Classical Languages, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or any other elective subject. OR
- Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Higher Secondary Science/Pre-Professional/Pre-medical Examination of Indian University/Board with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including practical test in each of these Science subjects. OR
- Sc. Examination of a recognized Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination in not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and further that he/she has passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
Note: The criteria for marks in Qualifying Examination (i.e. 10 + 2 or equivalent exam) will remain the same for the B. Sc. candidates also.
List of Documents Required
Following certificates/ documents are required at the time of counselling in AFMC Pune.
(a) NEET-UG 2018 admit card.
(b) NEET-UG 2018 Scorecard
(c) Original NCC Certificate
(d) District/ National or International Sports Certificate if any.
(e) 10th Class CErtificate & Marksheet
(f) 12th Class Marksheet & Certificate (Original mark sheet & pass certificate of qualifying examination)
(g) Domicile Certificate
(h) Kindly check the information bulletin for more details.
AFMC Admission Bond
Yes, you have to sign the bond agreement with AFMC Pune before admission in MBBS Course. At the time of AFMC Pune MBBS admission, the parents/guardians of the candidates are required to sign a bond agreement for 28,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty Eight Lakhs only).
Any candidate withdrawing from the college after 7 days of admission [after 1600hrs (4 PM)] will have to pay Bond Money as per existing rules.
AFMC Reservation Rules
Check the reservation policy of AFMC Pune. The candidate willing to get admission in AFMC must check the existing reservation rules of AFMC Pune. Total there are 130 MBBS seats and only 10 seats are reserved for SC/ ST candidates. There is no OBC reservation of any other reservation.
The candidate applying for SC/ ST reservation has to produce original caste certificate at the time of counselling.
Following creteria is required for SC/ ST reservation.
- The SC/ST candidates must have applied to AFMC Pune and also qualified in the NEET – 2018 written examination and should have come within the zone to be called up for the interview.
- If shortlisted and called for the screening at AFMC, they must come within the first 500 in the final combined merit list of boys and girls.
- They must fulfill all other conditions/standards, as applicable to non-SC/ST candidates, like age eligibility, academic qualification, medical fitness, etc.
- These reserved seats will be in addition to any vacancies secured by SC/ST candidates on the basis of their position in the merit lists.
- In case of any SC/ST girl/boy, admitted against reserved vacancies the number of girls/boys to be admitted against the general seats will be reduced correspondingly.
AFMC MBBS Admission Process
MBBS admission in AFMC Pune is based on the NEET 2018 score/ merit. The eligible candidate has to fill AFMC PUNE MBBS Counselling registration form at Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website.
(a) you have to provide NEET-UG 2018 roll number in the registration form.
(b) you must qualify minimum eligibility criteria for AFMC MBBS admission.
(c) only SC/ ST reservation is applicable.
(d) Around 1500 candidates are called for the MBBS Pune counselling.
(e) final admission list is uploaded on the AFMC Pune official website.
Candidates must preserve the NEET 2018 admit card till the admission to AFMC is over. Admit card along with NEET UG 2018 Roll number, will be required during the interview and final admission to college.
Facilities at AFMC Pune
Medical cadets are required to particípate in games, sports, and gymnastics. Facilities for sports such as cricket, tennis, squash, hockey, football, volleyball, basketball, handball, table tennis, aquatics and gymnastics are available.
- There is an auditorium for the screening of movies, membership for which is compulsory.
- Medical cadets with service liability are entitled to free outpatient/inpatient/dental treatment at all times in any service hospital/dental center to the extent of medical facilities available locally. Periodic Medical Examination/Medical Board as considered necessary would also be carried out.
- All medical cadets are required to undergo an Annual Medical Examination.
Vacations: Medical cadets will be given vacations as per university curriculum, generally as under: –
- Summer: 2-3 weeks (approximately) in May/Jun
- Autumn: 2-3 weeks (approximately) in Dec/Jan
Fees and other charges payable by medical cadets will be given in the joining instructions that will be provided to candidates at the time of the screening.
Medical Officer Salary
The candidate getting admission in AFMC Pune is commissioned at Medical Officer after the MBBS course. Military Service Pay (MSP), Non-practicing allowance and Dearness Allowance as applicable. In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days Casual Leave in a year, Leave Travel Concession (LTC), free Medical Services for self & family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of Rs. 75 lakhs & Canteen Stores Depot (CSD) facility etc. The above emoluments are subject to revision according to implementation orders of the 7th Pay Commission
|Ser. No||Rank||Remarks||Level 1 Monthly Basic Pay* (INR)|
|(b)||Lieutenant||Captain||On completion of Internship||61,300|
|(c)||Captain||Major||After 4 years of service as Captain||69,400|
|(d)||Major||Lieutenant Colonel||After 7 years of service as Major||1,21,200|
|(e)||Lieutenant Colonel||Colonel||By selection||1,30,600|
|(g)||Brigadier||Major General||By selection||1,44,200|
|(h)||Major General||Lieutenant General||By selection||HAG = 1,82,200 HAG+ = 2,05,400|
All candidates will be subjected to medical examination as per the requirement of the Armed Forces and as per the laid down standards
The height and weight requirements will depend upon the age, body build and racial characteristics as per standards laid down for Armed Forces.
Girls standards: In case of female candidates, minimum height of 144 cms and minimum weight of 36 Kgs is essential.
Boys standards: The male candidates with height below 157.5 cms (152.5 cms for Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwali) and weight below 47 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
Overweight and obese candidates as per Height/Age/Weight standards for the Armed Forces will be declared unfit.
There should be a minimum 5 cms range of chest expansion (only for make candidate)
Height/ Weight (BMI)
|Age in years||20||24|
|Height in Cms||Weight in Kgs|
|Age in Years||15-17||18-22||23-27|
|Height in Cms||Weight in Kgs|
Address & Support
You can contact the helpline of AFMC Pune and ask queries related to NEET 2018 application form, eligibility, admission process etc.
Admission Cell Armed Forces Medical College
Sholapur Road Pune – 411040